Now more than ever – people are searching for answers to their indoor air quality concerns.
Why? Research suggests that US-based households spend 90% of their time inside. A fact that is leading homeowners and business leaders searching for solutions to some of today’s most dangerous indoor threats – fine particles unseen to the naked eye.
One solution known to combat these problems is a technology called DFS, or a Disinfecting Filtration System.
The electrically enhanced/stimulated air filtration technology is standard in both HealthWay and Intellipure air purifiers and they come with significant advantages. The industry-leading technology was developed through a US military grant – and has been helpful for addressing many indoor quality concerns.
Table of Contents
- Combat the spread of airborne viruses like Covid-19
- Learn how to alleviate seasonal allergies
- Not all air purifiers are equal, don’t promote bacteria growth
- Create an environment to prevent long-term illnesses
DFS Technical Specs
- First, the DFS high energy field creates a self‐contained, highly ionized state in the main filter that clusters ultrafine particles to make them larger, allowing the main filter to effectively capture ultrafine particles. This does not allow ions to exhaust the DFS system.
- Next, the controlled, isolated high energy field generated by the DFS continually creates high energy exposure through the pleats and fibers of the main filter. This prevents organism growth in the main filter and prevents live organisms from escaping back into the air. These two mechanisms work together to provide ultraclean filtration of particles.
1. DFS air purifiers help combat the spread of airborne viruses like Covid-19
The question many homeowners have been asking – is there an air purifier that can handle Covid-19?
Yes. DFS technology has been rigorously lab-tested and has proven to remove Covid-19 like viruses (SARS-CoV-2) almost completely from the air. According to numerous tests conducted by a private lab, HealthWay Family of Brands released that 99.987% of airborne particles were eliminated in just 10 minutes when using a DFS air purifier. The ongoing testing also concluded that after 45 minutes, 100% of airborne air particles were eliminated.
And after 24 hours? There were no signs of the harmful air particles (SARS-CoV-2).
2. DFS air purifiers help alleviate seasonal allergies
The second benefit to DFS is it can help you with your seasonal allergies. Our indoor air spaces can be up to 100 times more polluted than our outdoor spaces, crazy right? Indoor air pollutants can range anywhere from pet dander to harmful molds. By eliminating these harmful particles through DFS, you are creating an environment where you and your loved ones can breathe easily without constantly being triggered by indoor air pollutants.
3. DFS air purifiers don’t promote bacteria growth
Think about this – you buy an air purifier and indoor air quality concerns are gone, right? Wrong. HEPA air purifiers expel fresh air, yes, but they don’t do anything to keep the filter itself clean from contracting mold and other bacteria. DFS uses a proprietary technology that actually prevents bacteria growth from building up on your air purifier.
By preventing growth, DFS also prevents live organisms from escaping back into the air. In effect, by using this technology you are improving your air without exposing yourself and others to harmful bacteria growth. This makes for amazing indoor air quality!
4. DFS air purifiers help prevent long-term illnesses
Indoor air pollution has been linked to harmful health conditions like lung cancer, asthma, cardiovascular diseases and Alzheimer’s. It’s no joke, poor indoor air quality also puts people with weakened immune systems at risk for developing long-term health problems.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), recommends eliminating the source of pollution when possible. By using technology like DFS, you’re taking harmful particles out the air and helping to reduce your risk of developing these long-term illnesses.
DFS air purifiers are a big deal and can address many indoor air quality concerns. Just think – what would life be like without allergens, mold, or even COVID floating around in your air? While you might not be concerned about all of those things, by having a DFS air purifier you’ll have “peace of mind” knowing that your space is protected for your friends, family, and/or co-workers.
We’re reimagining the world as a better, safer place with innovative air purification technologies. Our solutions are crafted in the USA and trusted everywhere #AirQualityMatters. To find out more about the latest in clean air, take a look at the Intellipure lineup or follow us on Instagram at @Intellipure.